2012 in 30 seconds 2012 in 30 seconds

Just saw the movie.

That pretty much sums up the movie pretty well.
Unfortunately, the animation isn't very great. I'll give it a 6 for a good idea with mediocre animation.

The-Mercenary responds:

yea, I really wanted to finish it in one sitting, This wasn't something I planned on doing so I went for the bare bones thing to get the point across without killing myself with animation.

Waving Flag Tutorial Waving Flag Tutorial

it wasn't actually that bad...

but, you shouldn't hand write the text. it was very difficult to read. if you're going to hand write it, then at least make it straight.

it was pretty short too. but, it got to the point. you probably could have explained it a little better

pawlakt responds:

Thanks! I think I'll repost it with text

Final Fantasy 7 -Remnant- Final Fantasy 7 -Remnant-

eh...

not bad. the quality of the artwork varied throughout the entire movie. sometimes, the lines were smooth and the art was relatively good, but other times it was rough and kinda crappy, but not horrible. the animation was choppy at times, but you had some good effects in there. way better than a lot of the stuff on ng, but could've been better.

SiMpSoN-bRuVaS responds:

sometimes the art was good ty lolol, but even when it was bad it wasnt horrible, ty lolol, thnx for liking the effects though, ty for your review

Epic Platform Tutorial Epic Platform Tutorial

Not so epic.

This isn't much of a tutorial. You just put copy/pasteable script in there, and didn't even explain how it works or anything. And, it's really small text, so people can't read it. You didn't explain how people can customize it or anything. And it won't work with AS3. And there are bugs. Main one was you could kind of get in the wall and just go up. I got out of the stage in two seconds right at the start.

Score...
Graphics : 4/10 - Not very interesting.
Music : 6/10 - Got annoying pretty fast.
Tutorial-ness : 3/10 - Didn't teach, just gave us the code.
Code : 5/10 - Buggy.
Modesty : 1/10 - Self-explanatory. I didn't actually put this into my score though.

Overall : 4.5/10 - Rounds to five.

TheShyGuy responds:

I explained how most of it worked... why were you trying to get out the stage anyway? its a tutorial, not a game.

Platformer Tutorial Platformer Tutorial

Not bad.

It's not bad. Could be better, but not bad. The movement section is pretty clean. As you said, not the greatest AI. Also, you could pick up the items by swinging at them. Of course, this could actually be incorporated into a game, but it's not the greatest thing in the world. Also, you should probably try to stay away from coding in movieclips. It's fine if you do, but if you want to transition into AS3 anytime soon, you should probably code in the timeline. It's also a lot easier to find stuff, because everything is in one place. Also, there's a glitch where if you jump, and attack while in the air, you fall through the ground. Not horrible, and really easy to fix, but still, you know what I mean. So overall, it was pretty good for a beginner to low-intermediate actionscripter, but it could be better.

chunkycheese12 responds:

I know, it's for beginners. I code on the frame now, but for beginners who dont want to travel to AS3 should keep it simple in movieclips for now. This tutorial was made for 'i dont know much' people.

Digital Gauntlet Demo Digital Gauntlet Demo

It's pretty good...

but could be better. You could cheat by holding down the mouse button, or if you're fast enough, you can right click and go somewhere else and click. i hope your gonna fix these things if you do end up making the whole game. If i leave out the fact that you can cheat through the level, though, it actually wasnt bad. other than, of course, its a demo.